Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another Random List.

So, I was just thinking about my favorite books. I don't really know why -- but I was. I've decided to share with you guys some of my favorite books and some books coming up on my reading list.

I'll try to include the book name, an opinion and maybe a brief summary.

1. A Wrinkle In Time - Madeline L'Engle

Oooh, I love this book so much. This book got me through some tough spots. It's about Meg and Charles Wallace Murry, along with their friend Calvin O'Keefe on this epic transdimensional journey to rescue Meg and Charles Wallace's father. Wonderful classic people. This should be required reading.

2. A Wind in the Door - Madeline L'Engle

Another good one -- this one also revolves around Meg, Charles Wallace and Calvin, while introducing a few new characters like Proginoskes (Affectionately referred to as 'Progo' by Meg), Blajeny, and several others, along with the concept of Cherubim and Ecthroi, and it also talks about the nature and behavior of good and evil.

3.  The Gemma Doyle Trilogy

A series of three books that revolve around a set of girls in Victorian times with supernatural abilities to go 'beyond'. I haven't read these books in what seems like forever, so if you want better info, I'd do some research. Very, very good, especially the second book, "Rebel Angels."

4. The Mysterious Benedict Society - Trenton L Stewart.

Oh. Man. This book is amazing, funny, and adventurous. I can't even give a summary on this one it's so . . . wow. But I do absolutely love Kate and Constance. They're my favorites, along with Mr. Benedict himself.

5. A Swiftly Tilting Planet - Madeline L'Engle

This one's ALL Charles Wallace. It has Unicorns, time travel, epic history, sad scenes, and a whole lot of 'what if?'s. This is one of my all-time favorite's in Ms. L'Engle's 'Time Quintet.'

6. The Books of Ember - JeAnne DuPrau

Katie would kill me if I didn't put this on here. A wonderful series of books, Starting with 'The City of Ember' and finishing off just recently with 'The Diamond of Darkhold.' The series follows Lina and Doon's quest to get out of their dying, underground city that was built after a massive global disaster to save the human race. Several hundred years later, the city is in trouble. The lights keeping the city from plunging into the frightening, suffocating underground darkness are faltering . . .

7. Blue Bloods - Melissa De La Cruz

Wicked. Awesome. Vampire book. 

8. MAXIMUM RIDE.

This is one of the best teen books ever. The series -- from 'The Angel Experiment' to the soon-to-be-released 'Fang' revolves around a band of genetically engineered mutants -- children who were engineered to have wings, i.e, 2% avian and 98% human DNA. Follow them as they escape rogue scientists and geneticists, along with dictators and someone who is basically a brain in a jar all to find out their true purpose -- and when Max(imum) Ride finds out, you'll be surprised.

9. The Alchemist

This book just has no description for me. It was highly understandable yet still philosophical. It made me feel like I had to go out and fulfill my own 'Personal Legend.'

So, those are my top nine books that I've read. Tomorrow (or whenever I feel like it) I'll post the books I'm most excited to read next.

No comments:

Post a Comment