Monday, May 11, 2009

News and maybe another rant . . . ?

First off, a site that I left off of my original first post list:

http://thehumanmarvels.com/

It's a nice site about cool human oddities -- such as Grady Stiles Jr. The Murdereous lobster man! A good read if you're bored or need something to occupy you. I stumbled it a while back and totally loved it!

OK, so I've decided to add a new feature to my blog:

Katie's quote of the week!

It'll be a weekly quote by my friend Katie -- she's immensely cool . . . like Giraffe cool. (And giraffes are like, cool.)

Ok, so here is is:

Katies quote of the week is . . .

"I love raisins -- they're wrinkley and remind me of old people!"

So, there is our Katie-ism for the week! I suppose I could rant . . . for a bit. I suppose I could do a 'Grinds My Gears' rant, about things that just grind my gears. So let's start with clingy people.

OK, so I know this guy -- known him since third grade -- and he's just so freaking clingy. He thinks I'm his best friend -- news flash, but, no offense, you're not. Ok, this guy is not to be confused with John. John is fantastical. This guy loses at life. (more on the losing/winning of life scale later, though.) He's just so . . . gaaaahhh. I want to carve him into the mashed potatoes I'm eating (Three or four cheese -- betty crocker. It's instant.) and then stab it. The potatoes. Because, of course, I still want to eat them. (Who would put amazing food like that to waste? Seriously?)

Also, you know what really grinds my gears? Crappy food. Like freezer-burnt TV dinners -- ew. I prefer stuff like Fish Fillets, wontons, general tso's chicken, pasta, anything with Garlic in it (except freezer-burnt TV dinners!), and my aunt's amazing pork and carrot and stuff eggrolls. Yum-O (I hope that's not copyright infringement . . .). Oh, and pudding. Yes. I love my pudding. (Yum -- now I'm craving pudding! To the refrigerator!) Freezer pizza is OK too, as long as you put some extra cheese and onions on it. (I know, I'm a freak.)

OK, I promised you information on the winning and losing of life scale. It goes on a rating of Epic win, to Epic flail, to Epic FAIL.

Epic Win:
Me
Katie
John
Bekkah, etc.

Epic Flail:
Wookies
MagiKarp
Billy Mayes
the Daleks from Dr. Who

Epic FAIL:
Aformentioned guy
Other stupid guy that I know
The guy that punched me in the face
Above guy's hick friend.

So, everythings doubleplusgood, right?

Right.

Another thing that grinds my gears is people that think they're awesomely amazing -- you know, those people who's heads are so far up their butts that they're having adventures in Narnia? Yeah, those people. You know who you are.

I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment